Happy Monday!

I'm excited to be part of the "Fun Around the House" virtual tour where 11 other bloggers and I are sharing parts of our Fall homes over the next two days!  So, go grab a cup of "coy-fee," get comfy and start touring!

*     *     *

WELCOME to our Fall dining room ... all decorated for a big fancy meal that we'll never eat in here.  Yes, admittedly, we don't dine in this room ... at all ... ever ... never.  Obviously, that needs to change.   


Maybe it's time I "ring the dinner bell" and have family and friends actually *break bread* at this table!  I'd be happy to pluck the faux pumpkins from the pretty bowls (that I recently purchased from Home Goods) and fill them with a yummy Fall soup.  The wine and water glasses are just asking to be filled, and the napkins are ready to get dirty:


And, as we all laugh and talk with our mouths full, maybe ... juuuust maybe that's when I'll point to the "1 second craft" I added to my centerpiece (from Kirkland's, filled with faux hydrangeas, pumpkins and burlap) and entice everyone to share their favorite "holiday traditions."


After we're done sharing traditions and family memories from years past, I just might have to turn everyone's attention to the chalkboard I pulled out and propped on our sideboard, where I attempted to add a simple saying of "thanks":


Hopefully, the soup bowl filled with chicken chili or the gold "blingy" candlesticks will distract our guests, and they won't pay too much attention to my "wonky" handwriting:


If not, no worries ... I'll just quickly point out these cute black and white plates (also from Home Goods) that I pulled out ... hoping to complement the chalkboard!  And, of course, mention how I love how the pops of orange work so well with these colors, too:


Then, I'll share with everyone that, besides being grateful for wonderful family and friends, I'm thankful that these floating shelves, filled with these seasonal plates, haven't come crashing to the floor!  


Yes, this just might be the year that we actually enjoy Fall harvest in here.  If not, maybe the pretty "HARVEST" garland from Home Goods that I hung in front of the window will make people "think" that we are!  


As we say here in the South ... "HAPPY FALL, Y'ALL!"


Thanks so much for visiting our Fall dining room!

Now it's time to tour the Fall spaces of these incredible bloggers whom I'm blessed to call my friends ... you'll be amazed by their talent!

Dawn from Creative Cain Cabin:





Ann On Sutton Place:



Kim from Savvy Southern Style:


And, Laura from Top This Top That:





I'm also joining:

Stone Gable/Tips and Tidbits


Thanks for your visit ... I'm off to start touring!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top